Tower Avenue Project Update For May 17th
Wondering how the Tower Avenue Reconstruction Project in Superior is going? Here's an update!
Work completed since last update:
• The Contractor removed existing and installed sanitary sewer mainline between 4th and 6th Street and completed water main removal and installation between 4th Street and 6th Street.
• Hooked up temporary water services to buildings between 6th Street and Winter Street.
• Completed saw cutting concrete mainline and began removing pavement south of the railroad tracks and is moving south towards Belknap Street.
• An electrical crew began installing conduit at the intersection of Hammond Avenue and Winter Street for the traffic signals.
Anticipated work schedule for the week of: May 20, 2013:
• The contractor will continue installing sanitary sewer mainline from 6th Street to the south and will begin installing water main from 6th Street to Winter Street.
• The contractor is scheduled to begin installing sanitary sewer and water main services between 4th Street and 6th Street.
• Depending on the arrival of the storm sewer structures, the contractor may be able to start installing storm sewer beginning on the north end of the project.
• Concrete pavement removal will continue south of the tracks.
• Tower Avenue is closed from Belknap Street to 3rd Street during construction operations.
• 3rd Street to Hughitt Avenue will be reduced to a single lane in each direction during construction operations.
• All intersections that are open to cross street access will be closed to construction except: either Winter Street or Broadway Street will remain open to cross traffic at all times and no two adjacent side streets will be closed at one time between 8th Street to 4th Street.
• Alley access will be maintained at all times during construction.
• A detour route has been set up on US 53 and US 2 (Belknap Street) to reroute WIS 35 (Tower Avenue) traffic.
• Hammond Avenue will have shoulder closures, single lane closures and sidewalk closures during installation of the traffic signals and safety island construction. These impacts are anticipated to be minor and short in duration
For more details on the project, click here.