Top 5 Wedding Dessert Trends For 2011
Getting married this year? You may want to include one of these for your guests. I’m voting for # 3., the Infused Strawberries sounds like a winner to me.
1. Macaroons. The soft and airy pastry holds a layer of something flavorful and rich in the middle, like chocolate ganache or flavored buttercream. They’re small bites that deliver beaucoup flavor and come in a rainbow of colors, so brides can match them to the color of the bridesmaids’ dresses and/or flowers. The Food Channel, incidentally, identified Macarons (as we spell them) as a hot dessert trend in 2010. Now they’re a hottie on the wedding reception circuit.
2. Ice Cream Floats. This is something that tends to bring out everyone’s inner child. Guests can choose their favorite ice cream flavor and mix it with soda, beer, or even wine. A marvelous mix-and-match choice.
3. Infused Strawberries. Here’s the hot new twist on the strawberry bar. Guests get to choose from a variety of liquors and liqueurs such as brandies, Bailey’s, Kahlua, and flavored vodkas that can be infused into the fruit via a syringe.
4. Cake Pops. These decadent little cakes-on-a-stick are sweeping the nation and capturing the hearts of brides-to-be. As Candace says, they can be dressed up or down to suit any occasion.
5. Mochi Ice Cream. A Japanese confection made from pounded stick rice (Mochi) with an ice cream filling. Lots of flavors to choose from: green tea, chocolate, strawberry, mango, etc. This is an emerging dessert trend Candace predicts everyone will be talking about by year’s end.