Today Is World Down Syndrome Day, Here’s A Video That Will Make You Feel Good, And Maybe Cry
Today is World Down Syndrome Day. So many things people still don't know about it, and this video may help you to understand even if you fear it. So many myths that people have believed over the years.
I don't know of any parent who hasn't had the thought that something could happen or their child be born with something. I do know a lot of people with Down Syndrome Kids and they are happy people and consider it a gift. I know those people that have Down Syndrome and I am proud to be their friend. I just felt I need to post this as an honor to my friends.
Here are some Facts about Down Syndrome from Down Syndrome from ndss.org
- Down syndrome occurs when an individual has a full or partial extra copy of chromosome 21. This additional genetic material alters the course of development and causes the characteristics associated with Down syndrome.llllllllllllllll
- There are three types of Down syndrome: trisomy 21 (nondisjunction) accounts for 95% of cases, translocation accounts for about 4% and mosaicism accounts for about 1%.
- Down syndrome is the most commonly occurring chromosomal condition. One in every 691 babies in the United States is born with Down syndrome.
- There are more than 400,000 people living with Down syndrome in the United States.
- Down syndrome occurs in people of all races and economic levels.
Here's a video, made to anwer a mom's letter about her concern that her baby may be born with Down Syndrome.
Facts taken from ndss.org