Superior Public Library Holds Grand (Re)Opening September 7
It's finally done! The six-month-long renovation of the Superior Public Library is finished. The process started back in December 2017 and now on Friday September 7, library staff invite you to come see the changes and help them celebrate with a (Re)Grand Opening.
From 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM, the library has a full slate of events and activities planned. Attendees are invited to drop in throughout the day and stay for as long as they can. A variety of activities are planned - including two children's storytimes, a history tour of the city via the Gawboy Mural, even an official ribbon cutting - complete with refreshments.
Here is a rundown of the activities planned for the day:
- 10:00 - Tour/Walkaround
- 11:00 - Storytime - Children's Area
- 2:00 - Read To A Dog - Children's Area
- 2:00 Gawboy Mural Superior History Tour with Teddie Meronek
- 3:00 - Storytime - Children's Area
- 4:00 - Ribbon cutting Program - in Atrium
- 4:30 - Refreshments / Tour / Walkaround
The renovation and upgrades to the Superior Public Library were designed to both reset the usability of the facility for the coming decades.