Salad Recall Affects Walmart + Whole Foods Customers
Heads up if you buy pre-bagged salads from Walmart or Whole Foods: The stores are included with a group of other retailers in a nationwide bagged salad recall. The other stores affected include Trader Joe's and 7-Eleven.
The concern is salmonella and listeria contamination. Specifically, the salad makings are coming from food suppliers GHSE, Prime Deli Corporation, Mary's Harvest Fresh Foods, and GH Foods CA. More than 2,811 pounds have been recalled so far - according to news reports.
Here is a list of brand-names affected:
- Walmart's Marketside Fiesta Salad with Steak
- 7-Eleven Bistro Southwest Style Salad with Bacon
- Trader Joe's Mexicali-Inspired Salad with Chili Seasoned Chicken
- Mary's Harvest Southwest Chicken Wrap with Rib Meat
- 365 by Whole Foods Market BBQ-Style Chopped Salad with Chicken
- 365 by Whole Foods Market Chicken Fajita Salad
- GH Foods CA's Santa Fe-Style Salad with Chicken and BBQ-Style Salad Kit with White Chicken
The United States Department of Agriculture has put together information on what to specifically look for on packages to determine whether or not the food products are included as part of the recall. The bags in question were all packaged earlier this month.