MNDOT Announces 2013 State Road Construction Program
Who doesn't expect orange cones and traffic delays in the summer? Road construction has almost become a season of it's own - and the summer of 2013 will be no exception. The Minnesota Department of Transportation recently announced their slate of projects for this year, with some major Twin Cities and state-wide projects sure to affect local drivers.
All-told, more than 300 projects will be worked on throughout the state, with a price tag well north of $1.1 billion.
In the Twin Cities, there are 87 separate projects slated, with the following at the top of the list, causing the most detour-impact:
- • Interstate 694/Highway 10 interchange reconstruction in Arden Hills
- • Highway 36 interchange at English Street construction in Maplewood
- • I-35/I-35E pavement, bridge and guardrail construction from Elko to Eagan
In addition, MNDOT is also warning drivers about the following larger projects that will cause detours and delays for those traveling throughout the state of Minnesota:
- • I-94 resurfacing between Clearwater and St. Cloud
- • Highway 78 resurfacing from Battle Lake to Perham, including reconstructing Lake Street in downtown Battle Lake to install accessible pedestrian ramps (“Complete Streets”)
- • Highway 60 four-lane reconstruction with roundabouts in Worthington
For the complete list and up-to-date details about road construction projects, click here.