Leadership Duluth Looking For 2016-2017 Candidates
A number of years ago, the Duluth Chamber of Commerce instituted their Leadership Duluth program - which has successfully graduated new classes each year since. Right now they're looking for interested individuals for the 2016-2017 session.
Participants in the Leadership Duluth program commit to one full day of training per month - along with occasional bonus days and events. Through structured educational and hands-on opportunities, participants come to understand the inner-workings of the issues facing our region, Duluth's cultural and business history, and ways that they can empower change in themselves and their colleagues.
In addition, Leadership Duluth participants also organize, implement, and complete a service project that benefits an area nonprofit organization.
- Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrate commitment to be an active participant in a year-long program
- Able and willing to meet and network with up to 50 classmates
- Show a willingness to be challenged beyond their comfort zones
- Have reputations as creative, responsible and effective people
- Have an interest in surpassing conventional thinking to seek new growth opportunities and fundamental change
Are you interested in the program? Click here to get the application process started. Applications - along with one letter of recommendation - and a $30 fee are due no later than Thursday, June 23. Eventual tuition is $1,400 for Duluth Chamber members and $1,800 for non-members.