I-35 Bridge Closures Will Affect Duluth Drivers August 18-21
It’s the summer season and road construction is in full swing with a variety of projects in progress. Add one more to the list for Duluth drivers who use I-35 next week.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will temporarily close several bridges on Interstate 35 and Highway 53 in Duluth beginning Monday, Aug. 18. Traffic will be detoured during the closures. Only one bridge will be closed and detoured per day. The closures are scheduled between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Closure Date & Location:
- Monday August 18: Northbound I-35 to southbound Highway 5 (Does not include southbound Highway 53 thru-traffic)
- Tuesday August 19: Northbound I-35 to northbound Highway 53
- Wednesday August 20: Southbound Highway 53 ramp to northbound I-35
- Thursday August 21: Southbound Highway 53 between the exit ramp to northbound I-35
- and the entrance ramp from northbound I-35
- Friday August 21: Northbound I-35 to southbound Highway 53 (Includes southbound Highway 53 thru-traffic)
The closures are needed as crews conduct routine inspections.
MnDOT urges motorists to always be attentive, drive with caution, slowdown in work zones and never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, click here.