How Do You Keep A Jack O Lantern Pumpkin From Molding
It's a Halloween problem: How do you make your pumpkin last longer and prevent it from molding once it's been carved? I recently ran across a suggestion online and had to share it.
The suggestion is to dip it in a container of bleach-water solution after you're done carving. The bleach will kill surface bacteria. After it's done soaking in the solution for a minute or two, remove it and let it drain upside down while it dries.
I've also seen suggested methods that call for spraying the inside with white vinegar, although with less results than the bleach solution.
Have you tried either of these methods? If you have, please feel free to add your comments below!