Here Are The First Things You Should Do After Winning Megamillions
Everyone is trying to win the lottery, what happens if you do? This is what the experts recommend.
1. Hire a PR person or agent-yep, because the first thing you have to do is accept the lottery money. Every news organization will want an interview. Everyone will want to know who you are and what you do. Someone has to control that. Hire someone with experience.
2. Hire a good accountant-this is important but not as important as having someone to handle the public. You should talk to this person first and talk about what you want to accomplish. For example, you want to pay off your house or buy a new one. Take care of relatives and leave others out. Do you want to travel? They can help you plan for the future. Every person who has won more than 500 million has gone bankrupt, they will help you hold on to your money.
3. Write your name and address on the ticket and put it somewhere only you know about- if you sign it and put all your information on it, it will be hard to for someone else to cash. It's like a check, they have to have id to cash the ticket.
4. Trust no one-Don't tell anyone you have won, until you have to. You will discover all the friends and family you have an how they all need money.
5. Don't take the lump sum. It would be nice to have all that money, but it would be better to stretch it out. Most accountants agree if you take the lump sum you won't get as much money. Don't take my advice, talk to the accountant you need to hire and they can explain what options you have.