Greater Downtown Council Announces The Winners Of The Open Up Your Holidays Storefront Lighting And Window Display Contest
The ballots are in and the winners have been determined in the annual Storefront Lighting and Window Display Contest sponsored by the Greater Downtown Council. Judging occurred on November 25 with points awarded on the merits of creativity.
Here are the winners:
- Lighting Category: On The Rocks Studio, 307 Canal Park Drive
- Most Original – Commercial: CSL Plasma, 106 West Superior Street
- Most Original – Retail: Happy Space, 324 West Superior Street
- Most Traditional – Commercial: Duluth YMCA, 302 West 1st Street
- Most Traditional Retail: Siiviis, 361 Canal Park Drive
- Peoples’ Choice – Commercial: Tele Resources, 222 West Superior Street
- Peoples’ Choice – Retail: Apricot Lane, 313 West Superior Street
- Facebook Favorite: Lake Superior Art Glass, 202 East Superior Street
Participating storefronts included: Apricot Lane, Art in the Alley, Bagley & Co., CSL Plasma Services, Cosmetology Careers Unlimited, Domestic Abuse Intervention Programs, Duluth Coffee Company, Duluth Pack, Eco, Electric Fetus, Eva Morris, Fitger’s, Frame Corner, Grandma’s Saloon, the Greenery, Happy Space, Lake Superior Art Glass, Lillians of Duluth, Lotus On The Lake, Mainstream Fashions for Men, MN Power, MN Surplus, On the Rocks Art Studio, Pizza Luce, Port City Antiques, Protein Pub, Ragstock, Security Jewelers, Siiviis (Severtson’s Gallery), Superior Ballroom, Tele Resources Inc, Trailfitters, Visit Duluth and the YMCA.
Judges for the 2013 contest were: Anne Dugan-Duluth Art Institute Curator, Kathleen Pennington-advertising manager Duluth Budgeteer, and Kim Quinones-Lake Superior Advertising Federation President
KOOL 101.7 was a contributing business to this event that was sponsored by the Greater Downtown Council.