Free Camping, Fishing, And ATV Trail Use In Wisconsin Weekend Of June 1-2
Here's good news for Wisconsin residents and visitors who are fans of the great outdoors! The State of Wisconsin is providing a free weekend of camping, fishing, and ATV use - June 1st and 2nd.
The move is effort to allow people the chance to try new outdoor activities or return to those they haven't tried in a long time. Challenge yourself and try them all!
Here are some more details:
- On June 1st and 2nd, Wisconsin residents and visitors don't need a license to fish in the state; This includes inland trout and Great Lakes trout and salmon fishing.
- New to fishing or need a refresher? The state will offer free fishing clinics. Click here for more details.
- Need fishing equipment? Loan it at more than 50 state parks, DNR offices, and partner organizations. Click here for more information.
- On June 1stand 2nd, all state trail pass fees on all DNR-owned properties are waived.
- Some cooperatively-run state trails may also waive fees.
- On June 2nd, all state park vehicle admission sticker fees on all DNR-owned properties will be waived.
- June 2nd will also see all state trail pass fees waived for all DNR-owned properties.
- Some cooperatively-run state trails may also waive fees on this day.
For more details and complete information, click here for the states website.