Duluth Jingle Bell Run/Walk This Saturday In Canal Park To Raise Money For Arthritis
The Duluth Jingle Bell Run/Walk gets underway this Saturday starting at 8 am. This event is a fundraiser for the Arthritis Foundation and wins awards for one of the best themed races. Arthritis is nation's leading cause of disability. You can race, or you can just walk however far you want to.
Racers will be given a chip for their shoe to be timed, the walkers can move at their own pace. There is an hour of registration and things to do for kids. The Walk and Run get under way at 9 am. All participants are encouraged to wear Christmas themed costumes and decorations. Tie jingle bells to your shoelaces.
From the JBWR website here's what is happening at the event:
* 5k chip-timed run or 1 mile walk
* Post event celebration with food, refreshments, prizes and awards
* NEW! Team Tailgate and VIP areas. See "Day-of Activities and Event Info" for more information on how to earn the honors!
* Earn a Fundana by raising $30 above your registration fee. We'll mail you the Fundana direct to your house!
* Fun kid's activities and photo booth at the event
* Registration fee includes guaranteed t-shirt when registered by Nov. 17
* Prizes for best costume and most team spirit
* Overall top 3 male & female awards
* Awards for top 3 male & female finishers in each age category
(1-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 plus)
**Online registration is done, but registration and packet pick up is Friday, December 5 at Duluth Running Co. and the day-of the event.**
According to the Jingle Bell Website here is the Event Schedule:
* 8:00 a.m. - Registration and T-shirt pick up
* 9:00 a.m. - Run/Walk Begins
* 9:45 a.m. - Post Event Celebration & Awards - See more here