City Of Superior Releases 2017 Spring Cleanup Schedule
This time of the year you can county on a few things: a March snowstorm, taxes, and the annual Spring Cleanup for the City of Superior. The effort is designed as a way for residents to get rid of unwanted items that wouldn't normally fit into a regular dumpster after doing some seasonal cleaning around the hours.
This years pickup starts on May 1 so you have a little time to start on your chores. As has been the case in the past, all items that are to be picked up should be out at your regular trash pickup spot by 7:00 AM on the scheduled day. The city also requests that you do not set these items out more than a week before your date. In addition, you're required to keep your trash pile out of the way of traffic and your normal trash receptacle.
Items that can not be left out for pickup include the following:
- Mattresses and box springs. These items need to be hauled to the landfill by the owner. There is a charge of $10 each if clean and dry or $13 if wet and soiled.
- Building, construction, or demolition materials. These need to be brought to DLS: 392-1889 or A-A Roll Off: 394-4285.
- Recyclables or corrugated cardboard.
- Hazardous liquids.
- TV's, electronics, computers. These can be brought to A-A Roll Off or Afterlife Electronics: 915 John Avenue, Superior.
- Fluorescent bulbs. Bring these to Campbell Lumber: 3107 Tower Avenue, Superior or to the City of Superior Environmental Services Division: 51 E 1st Street, Superior.
- Motor oil. Used motor oil can be recycled at Autozone, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Tires Plus, and Walmart Tire & Lube Express.
- Car batteries. These should be brought to TLK or Interstate Battery.
To see the schedule, click here.