City of Superior Offers Free Landfill Days – April 12 and April 26
Now that winter is finally making way for spring, you’re probably in the midst of some cleanup activities. As in past years, the City of Superior is making things easier with free landfill days at the site on Moccasin Mike Road – on both Saturday, April 12 and Saturday, April 26.
From 8AM to 2:30PM, residents can bring the following items out to the landfill free of charge:
- Household Trash: FREE (Regular fee: $10.00 minimum, $51.00/ton)
- Brush: FREE (Regular fee: $5.00/pickup, $10.00/pickup + trailer)
- Tires: 5 FREE per residence, 18” or smaller (Regular fees: $3.00/off rim, $4.00/on rim)
- Grass clippings, leaves, used motor oil: FREE year-round
NOTE: REGULAR FEES apply for mattresses and box springs – KEEP THEM DRY! $10.00 each if completely dry and fairly clean and $13.00 each if damp, wet, or heavily soiled.
The City reminds you that the following items will NOT be accepted:
- Demolition/construction materials
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Household hazardous waste
More details are available by calling 715-398-7222 or by clicking here.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- All loads must be covered during transport to avoid littering and a fine.
- All loose items must be tied or bagged.
- City of Superior residents only. Proof of residency required.
- Individual households only. No contractors, landlords, or business owners.
- Regular landfill fees will be charged during regular landfill hours:
- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 3:40 p.m. and Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Remember the REUSE Center
- No charge for items dropped off or picked up.
- Items dropped off must be in decent repair and of use to someone else.
- All items dropped off must be checked by landfill staff.
- Items not accepted in the landfill are not accepted in the REUSE Center.
- No loitering, staff can deny entry to anyone at any time.
- Residential use only, no business use permitted.