City of Superior Gets Ready For Four Years Of Heavy Road Construction
If you live, work, or play in the City of Superior – get ready for some road construction over the next four years – a LOT of road construction.
Officials from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, along with the Superior-Douglas County Chamber of Commerce and the Superior Business Improvement District are alerting motorists to what they can expect and ways in which they can get around easier in the coming years – in light of the projects.
At a glance, the anticipated road construction projects over the next four years include the following:
- 2013 – Spring to Fall: Tower Avenue will be reconstructed from Belknap Street to North 3rd Street.
- 2013 – Summer: The Blatnik Bridge (I-535) will see periodic lane closures between 9 AM and 3 PM in an effort to get the bridge ready for extra traffic with the following year’s project on the Bong Bridge.
- 2014 – Spring to Fall: The Bong Bridge (US 2) will see both Duluth-bound lanes (the West-bound lanes) closed. Motorists will be directed to use the Blatnik Bridge.
- 2015 – Spring to Fall: The Bong Bridge (US 2) will see both Superior-bound lanes (the East-bound lanes) closed. Motorists will be directed to use the Blatnik Bridge.
- 2016 – Spring to Fall: Belknap Street from Banks Avenue to East 7th Street will see a major road project.
More information and updates can be found here.