Bayfield Festival Is Worth The Drive
The Bayfield Apple Festival, held in Bayfield, Wisconsin Oct 5-8, is worth the drive in the car to enjoy the scenery and festival events.
This years' Apple Festival will be Crowning an Apple Queen, an apple peeling contest and a Saturday evening fish fry at the historic Bayfield Lakeside Pavilion. You may tour the orchards and wineries (yes wineries), peruse fine arts and crafts while sampling local foods at more than 60 food booths. There will also be Live music by the Blue Canvas Orchestra of Big Top Chautauqua.
ONGOING EVENTS AND TOURS
- Self-guided Orchard Tours • Pick up a brochure at the Bayfield Chamber & Visitor Bureau, 42 S. Broad St.
- Apostle Islands Cruises–Grand Tour & Glass Bottom Boat Rides • Friday & Saturday at 10am, 2pm & 4pm • apostleisland.com
- Bayfield Carnegie Library Book Sale • Friday & Saturday • 9am to 5pm • 37 N. Broad St.
- Guided tours on the Brownstone Trail • FREE • Landmark Conservancy is offering guided tours of the Brownstone Trail on Saturday at 11am, 1pm and 3pm. The trailhead is at S. 3rd St. & Wilson Ave.
- Erickson Orchard & Country StoreSaturday & Sunday • 9am to 5pmFun and games, music, tours, everything apple! Plus food, arts and crafts vendors!
- Hauser’s Superior View FarmFriday, Saturday, & Sunday—10am- 5pmEnjoy festival food at the farm including smoked pork sandwiches with apple butter BBQ sauce, caramel apples, jam, apples, apple butter and NEW this Fall Apfelhaus Cidery —handcrafted hard cider—tasting daily!
Saturday, and Sunday Special Events—10 am-5 pmPony rides, hayrides, and free parking and free shuttles to and from downtown Bayfield.
- FREE shuttles • Pick-up and drop off location in Bayfield is at the intersection of Front St. & Washington Ave.
To and from Hauser’s Superior View Farm & Bayfield WinerySaturday & Sunday • 10:00am to 5pm
To and from Legendary Waters Resort & Casino Friday, Saturday & Sunday
You can even order some apples, Call in your order to the Chamber at (715) 779-3335.