The moviegoing weekend gets off to a mid-week start with Independence Day falling on a Thursday. On Wednesday, two big-time blockbuster wannabes hit theaters—one featuring a beloved summer-movie star of years past, the other a sequel to a 2010 animated smash.
Officials in Oklahoma have lowered the number of deaths suffered to 24 in the massive tornado that swept through the town of Moore Monday night. Originally, the figure had been as high as 51, probably a result of double-counting.
An enormous tornado with a debris cloud two miles wide tore through the metropolitan area just south of Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon.
UPDATE 9:28 p.m. EST: At least 51 people were killed in the storm, including seven children from Plaza Towers Elementary School in Moore, according to KFOR in Oklahoma City. The news station reported that 75 student and staff were inside the school when the storm struck. Officials said Monday night that the search of the rubble remaining of the school had turned to a recovery mission.
Richard "Dick" Trickle died Thursday at the age of 71. His body was discovered next to his pickup truck at a cemetery in Lincoln County, North Carolina, after the longtime NASCAR and short-track driver shot himself, according to police.
You've been hearing about it now for months, and it's finally here: the latest installment in Marvel's highly lucrative 'Avengers' film family, 'Iron Man 3.' Apparently all the other movies were a bit scared off, and considering the gigantic openings of the lasttwo 'Iron Man' flicks, it's hard to blame them.
The second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing has been captured. Dzokhar Tsarnaev was taken into police custody Friday night -- five days after the bombing that left three dead and left more than 100 injured, police said. The 19-year-old was apprehended after a manhunt that began Thursday night with the fatal shooting of an MIT officer and extended into the evening hours on Friday.
9 p.m. (EST): The final press conference of the day with Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis and various other officials just concluded. The FBI is now leading investigations of the events. Davis confirmed that three people were killed in today's blasts.
CNN is reporting that one of the victims killed was an 8-year-old boy. The Wall Street Journal had reported that as many as five other unexploded devices were found around Boston, but investigators now doubt that they were actually bombs.
It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on .
To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you.
To activate your account, please confirm your password.
When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.
*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.
Welcome back to KOOL Gang
It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://kool1017.com using your original account information.