Contact Us

Ace Frehley’s House Catches Fire

Ace Frehley's House
Facebook: Yorktown Heights Volunteer FD

This morning (Dec. 14), firefighters in Westchester County, N.Y. were called to a house in Yorktown Heights owned by former Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley. There are no reported injuries.

Lohud.com is reporting that the stone house was “heavily damaged,” and that “[f]lames burned through the roof.” The Yorktown Heights Volunteer Fire Department has posted four pictures of the fire to its Facebook page, including the one used above.

It is believed that a caretaker, not Frehley, lives in the house. The Red Cross has been enlisted to assist with finding a place for the resident to stay. “We are making arrangements to make sure he has emergency lodging,” Carolyn Sherwin, a spokeswoman for the Red Cross, told lohud.com.

Back in February, U.S. Bank National Association looked to foreclose on the house due to nearly two years of unpaid mortgages. A lien had also been placed on the property due to Frehley owing back taxes, which were paid off in May. The foreclosure issue does not appear to have been settled yet.

The 2,441-square foot, three-bedroom house, which sits on a three-acre plot, is listed as the business address for Max Cake Productions, a movie and video company owned by Frehley. His Jendell Productions, which is named after the home planet of Frehley’s “Spaceman” character, purchased the house in 2000, and transferred the title to Frehley in 2004.

Updated 12/15: Frehley has issued a statement on the fire via his Facebook page:

“The official statement from the fire inspector was as follows: An electrical fire was caused by a tree falling on the wires in the backyard and shorting out the fuse box which in turn heated up the internal wiring in the walls and started the fire.

I’m very thankful that no one was hurt! The fire department and police did a great job, and I’m very grateful to them for all of their help and courage in this matter…job well done!”

In an odd bit of coincidence, it was 37 years ago this week that Frehley was nearly electrocuted on stage while performing at a Kiss show in Florida.

Next: Top 10 Ace Frehley Kiss Songs

More from KOOL 101.7

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://kool1017.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on Kool 101.7 Radio quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on Kool 101.7 Radio quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!