30th Annual Leadership Duluth Class Looks For 2018-2019 Applicants
They say that in order to plan the future you must understand (and learn from) the past. That's the impetus behind Leadership Duluth - the program that's celebrating it's 30th anniversary.
Right now, Leadership Duluth is looking for potential candidates for their 2018-2019 class. Interested participants commit to one full day of leadership training per month for the duration of the program. There are also occasional bonus days and events that occur as well. Participants learn about Duluth's rich business history, cultural evolution, and about the current issues that face the Twin Ports area. Graduates of Leadership Duluth are able to take what they have learned back to their workplace and community connections to foster change and growth.
The culmination of the Leadership Duluth program is the selection of one service project that is totally organized, implemented, and completed by the group.
What are the requirements? According to the Leadership Duluth website, candidates should meet the following qualifications:
- Demonstrate commitment to be an active participant in a year-long program.
- Are willing to meet / network with up to fifty classmates.
- Are willing to be challenged beyond their comfort zones.
- Have reputations as creative, responsible and effective people.
- Have an interest in surpassing conventional thinking to seek new growth opportunities and fundamental change.
To apply, candidates submit one letter of recommendation along with their application and $30 fee by June 20. Tuition for the program is $1,400 for Duluth Chamber members, $1,800 for non chamber members.